Sunday, January 25, 2015

7 Things That Made Me Happy This Week // 1


I'm starting this new weekly post that will be about the things I'm grateful for or made me happy in the previous week. Everyday, I must come up with something in that day that had impacted me positively whether it's food, a friend, a stupid poem or a great album, I need to start seeing the positive things in life. And how better than writing it down in a blog post? I got this post idea from Cider With Rosie, one of my favorite blogs and people!


Sunday: Ewan McGregor
I don't know what it is about that deep Scottish accent and plethora of hairstyles but this man will always be my number one. I think it was last week or the week before when I started watching the prequel Star Wars trilogy again but I came to realize how many movies Ewan was in that I actually really loved. I don't know how many times I've seen Moulin Rouge but it's enough to be insane, I'm sure. The reason Mr. McGregor made me happy this week is because I spent a day in bed watching his movies and being completely content with a cup of tea and a few snacks. If you wanted to see how I liked Big Fish and Trainspotting check out my last blog post!

Monday: Mum's Cooking
Mum made BBQ and red skin potatoes and mixed vegetables when I came over for dinner and it was absolutely amazing. I always forget how much I adore my mother for realizing when I need food and when my bank account is so low that I need to sneak in and snack on her fridge. Sometimes, I just stroll in and start whispering "snacks" around the door frames and walls until someone comes out and finds/brings me a cookie or something chocolaty...Yes, I understand I'm a giant child.

Tuesday: Horror Movies!

I can't just ignore the big horror category on Netflix. Everyday it stares me in the eyes, basically flashing and begging for me to click with my ever hovering mouse or switch of the handheld remote control of my PS3...Though, M and A (my roommates) actually don't watch them that often and we share a single small television, I managed to get through a few this Tuesday and I'm planning to watch more. Zombies have never been my thing but all other horror movies? Sign me up.

Wednesday: Washing Laundry
No, but literally, I've been meaning to wash clothes for an incessant amount of time and just now getting to them is possibly the best feeling ever. Especially when certain sweatshirts with the certain hood that fits perfectly around my head get out of the ultra heated dryer...W O W

Thursday: Dirty Chai
I got let out of work early but that didn't stop me from getting a Chai tea latte with a splash of espresso. I got so much done this day in terms of home and online clutter (247 emails, really!?) I'm a caffeine addict and it's very apparent via my bank account. But this day, it was worth it :)

Friday: Shoppin'
What can I say? It's pay day and a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. The blog post on my purchased (and gifted) items is here.

Saturday: This Donut Thing

I don't know, it was pretty rad. Saturday was pretty cool, all and all to be fair.

x N


Photos from here, here, here, and the last is mine.
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment