Thursday, January 22, 2015

iliad // january '15 playlist

http://open.spotify.com/user/1235381074/playlist/0JVlzsafkMKqBKUx8VsZj3
Recently, I've taken more to music and creating playlists according to what specific songs I listen to over and over from my favorite artists. The best part about music is that you can always find someone else who likes the same interests as you whether it's the same artist or similar sounds and vibes. I know some people think that being completely musically unique is the be-all-end-all but music is definitely what brings the people in my life together.

Since October, I've created at least one playlist per month based on which songs I can't stop playing or which holiday music I could actually stand or how I was feeling for a certain amount of days. I want to thank Will Darbyshire for unintentionally getting me in the habit of creating playlists and listening to new music more often. I've always had such a wide variety in music and it's always evident in my monthly playlists. Spotify has a great collection of artists available at the click of a button and playlists are so simple to make (and possibly hide). I did have a wonderful 8tracks account but for the most part, it's hard to list the name's of songs and know where to download them. So, I just stick to Spotify Premium.

Here's the rundown for "iliad", January's playlist:

Green Eyes by Coldplay
It's hard to get around the wind by Alex Turner
Home by Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros
Stolen Dance by Milky Chance
Retrograde by James Blake
The Youth by MGMT
17 by Youth Lagoon
Bankrupt! by Phoenix
Super Rich Kids by Frank Ocean, Earl Sweatshirt
Look at Your Game Girl by Charles Manson
Shake It Out by Florence + The Machine
Don't Matter by Kings of Leon
Arcadia by The Kite String Tangles
All The Pretty Faces by The Killers
Your Love by The Outfield
Requiem On Water by Imperial Mammoth
Holding On To You by Twenty One Pilots
Misty Mountains by The Dwarf Cast, Richard Armitage
Shake It Off by Us The Duo
Bones by MS MR
I Need My Girl by The National
Cherry Bomb by The Runaways
Three Cheers For Five Years by Mayday Parade
You'll Find A Way - Switch & Sinden Remix by Santigold
Where No One Goes by Jonsi
When It Rains by Paramore
In A Week by Hozier
No More Mr. Nice Guy by Alice Cooper
Collard Greens by Schoolboy Q, Kendrick Lamar
Prescription/Oxymoron by Schoolboy Q
I Fink U Freeky by Die Antwoord
Reach by Drexler
We're Going To Be Friends by The White Stripes
Sound of a Broken Heart by Jukebox The Ghost
Aquaman by Walk the Moon
Blood On The Leaves by Kanye West


My taste is pretty much all over the board (and Middle Earth...) but I hope you enjoy it!
x N

0 comments:

Post a Comment