Monday, June 8, 2015

TBR: June 2015

Recently I moved to a new apartment. And with that, I packed away ALL of my books. I have nearly 50 books (not counting the ones on my Kindle) and I fit all of them into two carry on sized suitcases that still remain packed away in the back of my new closet (oops). NEVER FEAR! I have been purchasing more books so my everpresent need for intellectual knickknacks is being fed. I currently have books to be read next to my bed, on my dresser, on and in my desk and on the floor near my door. I don't mess about with books, pals!

I haven't been keeping up with books and series that I have genuinely loved for years and it's making me a bit upset. So I am starting a TBR or "to be read" at the beginning of each month to motivate and keep myself on some sort of schedule. Here it goes!

1. Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater
 I actually started this book at the end of May after I finished the second book in the series and just COULDN'T live without the third. I am already half of the way through it and I'm soooo keen to see what happens with the interesting raven boys and odd Blue! I can relate to some of the characters despite the psychic/magic vibe going on and the deep, spiritual friendships just make everything seem that real. Maggie is actually one of my favorite authors and her first series, The Wolves of Mercy Falls (wow Nat, werewolves?), is what drew me in. I do keep checking tumblr for edits and photos relating to this series but I think I'm just setting myself up for spoilers at this point...PLEASE READ THIS SERIES AND TELL ME ALL ABOUT IT AND TELL ME YOUR FAVORITE CHARACTERS AND JUST LET ME LOVE THOSE WHO LOVE MAGGIE

2. Finale by Becca Fitzpatrick
I haven't read this series since 2012...Honestly, I barely remember what's going on since Crescendo, the third installment of the Hush, Hush series. I'm just gonna wing and stomp my way through this because I do remember my love for the characters (distinctly the sassy, amazing Nora) and setting (distinctly the insane rain of Maine) so, I mean, I've got this! Also, there are angels and half angels and forbidden/hidden love and strange sibling rivalries and everything exciting I wish my life was?

3. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling
Yeah, I'm reverting back to the beginning of my lifetime. My mother actually read the books to me and my brothers when we were younger so I don't actually remember much of the first books. I'm actually so excited to restart this series that I bought Chamber of Secrets at the same time just in case ;)


4. Allegiant by Veronica Roth
Speaking of, I actually saw Insurgent a few weeks ago and it was insane! Great movies but I've been stuck on the third book for a few months now because someone let slip the nature of the ending of the story...SPOILERS ARE NOT WELCOME TO MY DELICATE AND FRAGILE STATE OF MIND!!!? If you haven't read these popular books yet, please do.

I'm keeping this list short and gauging my reading times so that I can read more in future months. I do hope to get through these books and hopefully get onto The Hobbit (again lol), The Maze Runner (I've banned myself from watching the film until I actually read it...), The Mara Dyer Trilogy, Throne of Glass series, Me and Earl and The Dying Girl, Paper Towns, The Lunar Chronicles and plenty more! I'm dying to read!
X Nat

0 comments:

Post a Comment