Tuesday, June 30, 2015

TBR: July 2015

I have a lot more to do in July (family outings, concerts, festivals) than I do any other month. I'm also super excited to get more into reading books that are true to life and to human emotions. Though I still love great fantasy books!

Here is my TBR in July:

Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews
I saw the trailer for the movie for this a while ago but I was super excited when I found out it was a book! I also was super excited that my library had it available for Kindle (which is how I've been lending books lately). Greg is also me in boy form?

Crown of Midnight and Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas
I read the first book in the Throne of Glass series. I first heard of it from Sasha on Youtube, she runs Abookutopia and it's a great channel!

The Selection by Kiera Cass
I bought the entire set at a secondhand store for less than $2 and I about cried. I haven't heard much about the books but I couldn't pass up the deal.

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling
I'll never leave these books despite the fact that I had to sneak into the kids section to grab them...

Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
Again, another book Sasha has been raving about. I have heard of the tv series but since I heard there were a ton of books, I bought some! I asked a friend, whom I made at a bookstore coffee place because I was holding a book she liked, and she said the sex scenes take up most of the story so I'm not too psyched about that because smut is NOT my forte.

Paper Towns by John Green
I should just start a shelf that displays books I must read before I watch the movie...Which is actually very hard for me considering I love off fictional characters emotions and facial expressions (i.e. Stiles Stilinski and Dorian Havilliard)

Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
I've had the first three books of this series in my Kindle archive since the movie came out (starring the soon-to-be Jace in the new Shadowhunters tv show!). I just haven't found the time or motivation to commit to them!

The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski
I haven't heard too much on this book but I saw edits on tumblr and I thought I'd check it out? No clue what it's about, no clue if ill like it but it's ok!

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
Also another one of those books I saw edits of and thought looked cool. I'm excited to throw myself in to it anyway!

I should really check myself before I start overworking my brain in YA novels....

x Nat

0 comments:

Post a Comment