Sunday, January 17, 2016

Book Review // The Untold Tale by J. M. Frey

The Untold Tale is a slow going, mindful fantasy narrated by Lord Forsyth Turn, the secret spy by night, tiny baby stutter bug by day. Forsyth is thrown in to a quest when a Reader falls in to his world.
I overall liked this story! I really enjoyed Forsyth's point of view as opposed to the usual girl POV seen in most of today's literature. Forsyth is a character I can really get into because we both suffer from self deprecating thoughts. He grows throughout the tale and I love the emphasis on his wit rather than another's strength.
The Reader, Pip, is another reason I stuck around and read all 600 pages. She is intimidating and strong in many ways. She's also an amazing friend and a new character I now look up to. I love her!
The pacing and attention to detail elongated the story more than needed but still so lovely! I really got engaged in the Shadow Hand scenes because Forsyth just became incredibly attractive :) I'm giving this 4 out of 5 stars because even though I liked it, there's still a few things that were too much or not enough.
I received this book in exchange for an honest review on Goodreads!
x Nat

0 comments:

Post a Comment